Sensations Skin & Day Spa Etiquette
How soon before my appointment should I arrive?
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment as there is some paperwork that needs to be completed prior to your treatments.
What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?
- We supply all robes, slippers, shampoo, hairspray etc.. You do not need to bring anything with you unless you want to get ready afterwards.
I have a meeting after my treatments and need to look nice. Can I get ready at the spa?
- Yes, we have a shower, mirror, hairdryer, etc. available for our clients. If you are planning on showering before or after your treatment please let us know when you book your appointment so we can ensure it’s available.
I’ve never had a body scrub before, what do I do need to do to prepare?
- Please do not shave the morning prior to getting a scrub. It’s a salt scrub and can sting a bit on freshly shaved skin. We do not care if your legs have stubble. Women who are having their “time of the month” will not be able to have a body scrub due to health code standards but we can change your treatment to another enjoyable treatment if it comes up.
I’m pregnant and want to know if it’s still OK to get spa treatments?
- We do not offer Pre-Natal Massage, Body Scrubs, Wraps, Scalp treatments etc. Please let us know if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. We can offer some facial treatments to help your skin while you are expecting. These precautions are to protect you and the health of your baby.
I’m visiting from out of town, will the cab driver know how to get to the spa?
- We are about 15-20 minutes from the strip. We do not quote cab fares and are not responsible in any way for the transportation to or from the spa. Please print out the directions provided to give to your driver as they sometimes don’t know the area of the city off the strip. This will also avoid the driver taking the “long way” and costing you more money. If you need a cab for the ride back, please let us know when you arrive. We will call for you prior to your treatment being over for a cab to take you back to reduce wait time.
We are drinking at the pool prior to coming in for treatments? Is this a problem?
- It is not recommended to get spa treatments while you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It can be dangerous for your health. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
What is normally done regarding tipping?
- Gratuities are appreciated and are solely at your discretion. A ‘general’ guideline is 15-20%. We can add a tip to your credit card or you can tip with cash.
I’m seeing a doctor for a health condition. Do I need to check with them prior to going to the spa?
- There are health conditions that will limit certain treatments and it is always best you check with your doctor first to make sure it’s safe for you. We care about you and your health so please make sure you let us know if you have something going on.
I have an embarrassing question and am afraid to ask.
- Never be afraid to ask us. We have probably heard it before and what you may think is embarrassing is just normal to us. We are here to help you and will never make you feel uncomfortable or stupid. We enjoy answering questions. For more information please visit our ask the experts page.
- Scheduling Appointments: All spa treatments must be reserved by credit card, pre-payment for services may be paid by credit card, gift certificates or cash. No checks will be accepted.
- Cancellation Policy: To cancel an appointment, you must give us a 24 hour notice. Your credit card will not be charged if you cancel 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. For late cancellations (less than 24 hour notice prior to scheduled appointment), a $25 fee will be charged to your credit card or account. There will be a 50% charge for less than 3 hours notice or no call, no show.
- Late Arrivals: Please plan to arrive on time to fully enjoy the time we have reserved for you. If you are late, that time will be deducted from your total treatment time. This does not change the amount owed for the service.
- Gift Certificates: Spa gift certificates are perfect for any occasion. They may be purchased for any one of our individual treatments or spa packages and for any dollar increment. Please be aware that there will be an expiration date on the gift certificate(s) and that they are only good for a maximum of 1 year. Sorry, there are no refunds for gift certificates.
- Special or Specific Health Conditions: Please let us know prior to your treatment if you have any special health issues such as high blood pressure, heart conditions or any health issues that may contra indicate with heat therapy, massage or skin care. We do not offer pre-natal massage. If you are pregnant please let us know. It’s for the safety of you and your unborn child.
- Gratuities: Gratuities are appreciated and are solely at your discretion. A ‘general’ guideline is 15-20%.